header

Monday 4 March 2013

Amsterdam.




Jacob and I were suprised with tickets to this trip as a work bonus. I couldn't have been more excited to skip over to another country for the weekend- living in London leaves the rest of Europe right on your door step which is such an exciting prospect for me! Of course, during the wee hours of the morning at the airport whilst waiting for our flight, my immune system decided to fail. I managed the hour long flight and had just stepped of the plane when the vomiting started. And just didn't stop. Poor Jacob had to half carry my feverish self to a taxi, me squatting every few meters with a fresh wave of nausea splattering into the sick bag I pinched from the plane.  I spent the first two days either in bed heaving, or in the bath shaking, but thankfully woke up on the third morning with an appetite, and lots of time to make up for! Amsterdam was lovely! The chilly canals and channels of water weaving through the streets were so picturesque, and there were flower markets and back alleys full of pre-loved clothes that went for days! Not just that- but the city was so alive. It was full of young travellers, much like ourselves rushing about, keen to soak up as much of the atmosphere as possible. It was short but sweet, Amsterdam, but I will definitely be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment